Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Training Day 4

I thought that put up a link to the Hal Higdon 5K Walking Training Plan in case any of my fellow beginner Princesses are looking for a place to start.  It's a great if you're looking to do you're first 5K as a walker.  Hal Higdon is a highly respected name in the running and race walking community.


I also recommend Jeff Galloway's book "Walking:The Complete Book".
Jeff Galloway Walking Book 
Jeff has teamed up with Disney as the official runDisney Training Consultant. Most of his runDisney training focuses on running, but this book is a fantastic place to start for walkers too! It will give you a better idea of not only what happens in your body when walking, but talks about how to better burn calories, offers training plans, advice on gear and offers suggestions as to what may be going wrong when you get those aches and pains. I notice that my copy is well worn as I pull it out once again to get moving.


1 comment:

  1. I just found this blog. Good for you for getting out there despite your illness. I look forward to following your training. :)

    ReplyDelete