Thursday, May 9, 2013

One step forward, two steps back

Training... 

Sometimes I feel like "training" for me is an impossible thing.  I take one step forward and two steps back.  It's not that I can't get to the gym, it's that my stupid body decides working out is a brutally painful thing.  Now, I can work out through an fair amount of "this hurts" and even more "this sucks" but there comes a point that you know continuing is just going to cause an injury and you have to stop.  So, I stopped, took a couple of days off and then my allergies kicked in.  So for the past two days I'm been coughing and sneezing and wheezing.

It sounds like I'm making excuses not to work out, doesn't it?  I'm not though!  This is frustrating the heck out of me. I need to get back to the gym and I've just been plain unwell.  This sucks.

The "Diet"...

Last week without wine was tough.  I discovered that I had been using it to squash my cravings for something sweet.  I bought some Crystal Light Peach Bellini, and have been drinking it in a wine glass to try and fool myself.  It's sorta working.  Sunday I went crazy and finished off the 1/2 bottle of Beringer White Zin I had left from my first Sunday.  My cravings haven't been as bad this week, but I must admit I'm feeling more stressed out.

In other efforts to make myself feel younger...

I've started wearing make-up again.  It's been a good 10 years since I've worn make-up on a daily basis and truth be told the concept was a little frightening.  I'm having fun though and this morning I'm considering subscribing to one of those beauty box sample services.   I registered with "Beauty Army" and filled out my profile, I clinked the button for it to generate the perfect samples for me... and .... nothing.   Really Beauty Army?  Not helpful.  I'm already on to finding a different box.

*UPDATE* I switched browsers and got Beauty Army to work!  Squeee!



Life Milestones...

Tori, my oldest child, turned 20 years old today.  She's such an amazing young woman and one of my very best friends.  I love the person that she's become, but I don't know where the time has gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment