Thursday, May 2, 2013

Trumps Did Not Start



This can be really hard to remember, but it's so important. When you read blogs and magazines and websites about running, they're all geared towards serious athletes that are out there trying for their PR. It seems like everyone wants to be fast... everyone wants to be elite. That's all fine and good, but it shouldn't take away from us slow pokes who are just happy to be out there doing anything. You may do a 15 minute mile and think how slow you are, but I'm working hard to try and break 18.  The Disney pace goal of 16 seems impossible to me, so I'm choosing to not even think about it.   I just have to get out there and do it.

I wish I knew how to remember this, and believe it all the time.   It's okay to be slow... it's okay to be last... just get out the door and start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment