Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Reasons Why I Can

Tori and I walked 2.17 mile last night and for the first time in 6 months I was back under a 20 minute mile.  Yay me!  We were actually also faster in the second half of the walk than in the first which made me feel strong.

It was a really rough walk though, my feet were killing me.  It was like walking in pins and needles.  Afterwards we went right to the store and bought me a new pair of shoes.  Hopefully that will make a huge different.   I can't imagine that it would make it worse.

The best part though is even after three straight days of serious walks or work outs I don't feel like I'm going to die today.  I'm a little achy but it's nothing major.  I also cleared a big mental hurdle today about the Princess 1/2.  I looked up the race results for 2012 and saw that the last person from Florida crossed the finish line at 4:32:25.  That means that they were just over a 20 minute pace and they didn't get swept!

Oh my god... I may actually be able to do this.  I was having a huge mental block about having to get down to 15 minute miles.  I have NEVER been at a 15 minute mile, but maybe I don't have to?  Maybe really the only thing that I need to worry about is my endurance.  It's a lot easier for me to just focus on one goal. 





No comments:

Post a Comment