Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Heavily on My Mind: Health Insurance

One of the things that weighs heavy on my mind these days is the lack of health coverage. We've always used our heavily, and since my husband lost his job, we're sort of out in the cold.   I discovered a few days ago that one of my regular prescriptions is on the generic list, that means I'll only have to pay $4. I was so happy when I learned this news, I almost cried. Serious tears.  I had been afraid that I wouldn't be able to afford it any longer and that would mean I would likely never really sleep again.

My family is being proactive with our health and changing our unhealthy habits in an attempt at better living. However, overall the “pray not to get sick” method, isn’t a quality plan. For a girl with Fibromyalgia, removing stress is a key factor in feeling better and having less pain. Getting out of the house and walking is just one of the ways that I relieve stress.

My husband, daughter and I are working, but none of us have healthcare.  The very substance of the American workplace is changing, and it's leaving many people out in the cold as far as healthcare goes. Since I work as an independent contractor I don't have the option of having any benefits one would get as an employee. That raises my stress levels. Today small businesses do have options for providing their workers with group insurance coverage, but it can be just as hard for them to find as it is for the independent contractor to find someone who can provide it.

If you’re a small business owner or self employed consider looking into information about group health insurance not only to benefit you, but to help give your employees the security that they need.  People with peace of mind are much more creative and productive, which only means good things for your business. What ways can you think of to help relieve your employee stress?

Disclaimer: Sponsored editorial post.  All opinions and life experiences expressed are entirely those of the author. Your mileage may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment