Saturday, May 5, 2012

Why is it so hard to find plus size workout gear?



                                                             Source: imaginethespirit.wordpress.com via Kristen on Pinterest


I've been so exhausted this week it's all I can do to stay awake. I haven't been working out and I'm barely working, all I seem to do is sleep sleep and sleep some more.  My headache is on day 4, and I have absolutely zero in the creativity bank, which is why my posts have been so lame. I don't suppose the Yoga poses that I've been choosing (like the one above) really count as exercise either.

I did do one thing this week, and that was attempt to buy a new running top at Lane Bryant.  Though they had a big selection this week, everything I wanted in my local store was in a size 18/20 which I am not. HELLO!  Lane Bryant, I'm a fat girl, make me a shirt in a 26.  To Lane Bryant's defense, I was being a little picky, they had tops to fit me, they just weren't the style that I had hoped for.  However, my best friend tells me that I'm lucky to find fat chick running gear at all, because her Lane Bryant carries zippola for her in Chicago. 

I have several Reebok pieces from Lane Bryant that I do love, and I'm happy that I have been able to find some cute clothes to wear while working out.  With the obesity crisis in America being what it is, not being able to find a top you can work out in that fits you really shouldn't be a stumbling block to healthier living.  How are you supposed to want to work out and feel better about yourself, if all you can fit into is ugly, mens, Hanes sweats from Walmart?  No girly girl wants to see seen at the gym looking like a sausage in clothes not even made to fit her.  A bigger, broader selection needs to be found.





I love this outfit, this is the top that I was looking for in store.  Luckily I can get it online at LaneBryant.com.  Do you think that this is too much pink for me?  Is there such a thing?  They did have the shirt in black too.  The fact that there's a running skirt in my size is nothing less than FABULOUS!  I'm pretty happy with the selections, now I just need the cash to buy them!

If you're not built like a runner, but need quality work out gear, I suggest you check out the Reebok line at Lane Bryant.com and see if anything inspires you!   Do you struggle to find cute work out gear?  Do you have a special store that you could share with me?  Leave me a comment and let me know what you're sports clothing struggles are.

No comments:

Post a Comment