Friday, January 25, 2013

Welcome Back To Junior High



I found out last night that I the other parents at my kids youth group don't like me, so four of them ganged up and told the guy in charge of the parent group that if I stayed around that they would all quit helping out.  Obviously, the key to groups like that surviving and flourishing is parental involvement and four is more than one, so I'm out.   Even though the guy in charge said that he didn't agree, liked what I was doing, and appreciated all of my efforts.  Whatever.   It is so not worth my time and energy to put up with that.  It really amazes me that I'm obviously so important other people feel that they need to plot my removal.

I watched a video online the other day about Mom Bullies, and the person was saying that they had never run into them.  Oh... my... god... just come spend some time in my shoes.  My youngest daughter and I have actually spent the last four months in therapy because of these people doing crappy things to us.  Between the therapist and my best friend saying "leave... why are you staying... leave... take yourself out of the bad situation... leave... stop letting yourself be abused..." a sense of protecting my child from these asses kept me there.  Katie and I now more or less have our Thursday nights free again, and have lost a WHOLE lot of stress, and will save money without the therapist bills. 

Yesterday, I sat down and made out a work schedule.  I printed it out, and posted it on the wall for the family to see what I really do all day.  I'm hoping that getting my hours organized is going to open up some time in my day to fit in some other things.  Like this!  Look, I've actually gotten another blog post made here.  Granted it's more random ranting, but here it is none the less.

Have you ever taken much more time that you should have to get out of a bad situation because you thought you were doing the right thing?  Have you ever dealt with "grown ups" that forget they're not in Junior High any more?  What did you do?





No comments:

Post a Comment