Thursday, January 31, 2013

I went back to the gym today

I did it!  I actually went back to the gym today!  It's been almost an entire year, I've got a broken toe, the freezing weather plays havoc with my fibro, but I did it!

I decided that I need to get some baselines, because without them I won't know when I make improvements.  I'm probably going to wait a few weeks before I get on the treadmill though.  I don't want to stress my foot too much while that toe is healing.   Today I worked on the recumbent bike.  I figured that even with my broken toe I would be able to handle that, and I was right!  I just took it easy, and rode nice and steady.  I did 6 miles in 35 minutes.

The best part was that it felt pretty dern good.  That's right, I said it, I worked out and it felt good.

While I was on the bike I was browsing facebook and my friend John posted this fantastic video, which he was passing on from our friend Rick.  It was a fantastic motivator!


Be awesome my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment