Friday, February 22, 2013

Struggling Today, but I Am a Princess

Glass Running ShoeI'm really struggling today reading all the tweets and posts from the girls down at Walt Disney World for the Princess Half Marathon Weekend. I went last year and had such a fantastic time. We were supposed to be down there this year again, this time running the Half. Instead I'm at home sitting on the couch thinking about how much I don't want to go clean the snow off of the car. Sucks.

Realistically I know that life in general got in my way and I couldn't do a race this weekend even if I had the money for the trip.  I've just started back to the gym, and my foot has not healed enough yet to put any sort of real distance down.  Traci is still recovering from an injury that occurred last year.  Becks is going crazy with work and Wedding planning.  There's no way that it would have worked out for any of us us.  None the less, I really really wish that I was there.

I need to take this angst and turn it into motivation to keep going, train hard, train safe, get healthy and really rock out at the 2014 race next year.  That being said, I need to get my butt off of the couch and get to the gym today.  I need to remember that I am a tenacious Pirate Princess.


I'm sending all my love and pixie dust down to the 2013 Princess Half Marathon Weekend participants.  I wish I were there with you celebrating the strength and vibrancy of women. I'll be online Saturday and Sunday morning cheering you on through texts and tweets.  Next year... next year I'm coming to party with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment