Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Fall Race Fun w/ runDisney

TOT 10MileI know that I won't be able to make it down for the Fall Races this year, and even if I did, I'm not sure I'm up for starting a race at 10pm. Honestly, that's usually my bedtime. However I love that runDisney has put in a distance that's between the 5K and traditional 1/2 Marathon. I'll be looking for a mid-distance myself, hopefully before the end of the year. Perhaps a 10k in Northern Illinois not too far from home. Hrmmm... I think there's a run for chocolate in Chicago in the fall. But I Digress... back to Disney!


 The 10 mile Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Race debuts Sept. 29, 2012

"This race course runs through the set of “Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show” and past Mickey’s Sorcerer’s Hat and finishes near The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Runners will receive a finisher medal inspired by the Tower of Terror and then celebrate their achievement at a villainous post-race party with their family and friends, where they will enjoy live music, characters – including your favorite Disney villains – and have exclusive access to attractions like The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, Star Tours and Toy Story Mania."

You can register for this mid-distance event at 

Disney's Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend November 9th & 10th, 2012

This year Wine & Dine has been moved from Food & Wine opening weekend to early Nov. I have a soft spot in my heart for this race weekend because Mickey's Halloween 5K through the Magic Kingdom was the first Disney race that I ever did.

"Join runDisney for a special event that brings the spectacle of the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival together with the magic of a Disney race. Start out by running through the theme parks under the stars with world-class Disney entertainment along the way to help the miles fly by. The icing on this cake? Finishing at Epcot® where an exclusive after-hours party inside the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival awaits. This race experience will be the ultimate "Runners' Night Out!"

You can register for Wine & Dine Weekend Events, including the 5K and kids races at http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/rundisney/wine-and-dine-half-marathon/  

So what are you doing this fall? Will you runDisney? Leave me a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment