Wednesday, April 18, 2012

No-Bake Energy Bites



http://smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.com

I found this recipe on Pinterest (yes, I'm actually going to really make something I pinned) and thought that it sounded like a tasty thing to eat before going to work out.  DH made them, and I must say that they're pretty good.  Super easy to pull together as well.  There was a little too much coconut for my taste, but the rest of the family loves them!  I may try and switch it up with some dried cherries for the next batch. 

I can't eat a lot before I head out for a walk, usually I grab a granola bar or an Oatmeal breakfast cookie.  These treats looked like they might be a good option too. The recipe originally comes from a blog called Smashed Peas and Carrots.

No-Bake Energy Bites (makes 18-20 bites) 
  • 1 cup oatmeal 
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter) 
  • 1/3 cup honey 
  • 1 cup coconut flakes 
  • 1/2 cup ground flaxseed 
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 
  • 1 tsp vanilla 
Mix everything above in a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated. Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy! Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.

No comments:

Post a Comment