Thursday, April 19, 2012

PodCasts to Make the Work Outs Easier

This piece was originally posted back in September on The DVC Mom's Traveler.

Working out is by far my least favorite activity during the week.  I just don't get that "high" some people do from pushing their bodies.  It doesn't really feel good, and I'm left afterwards exhausted and quite often starving.  So my challenge has been finding ways to make exercising more enjoyable.  So, like so many other things in life, I plus it up with Disney!

I keep some great guys in my pocket (on my iPhone that is) to help me pass the time and make my workouts fly by!  These are three of the nicest guys and they love to share their passion for all things Disney.  There's no way that I could pick one that I like the most because they all offer a little something different for your listening pleasure.  If you're looking for a way to pass the time working out or just want to hear some fantastic Disney fans talking about the most magical place of all, tune in and find your motivation!

TWR

My favorite VidCast comes from Rick Howard of Kingdom Magic Vacations.  Travel with Rick offers video tours of fantastic Disney Destinations around the world on land and sea.  He's also done some great ride-a-longs with special guests, Disney food tastings, and fun interviews.  Rick is my go-to video when I'm on the recumbent bike at the Y.
Follow on Twitter @TravelWithRick

WDWR
Lou Mongello hosts the WDW Radio show and has all the latest information you need to get your Disney on.  Not only does Lou's show offer all the latest in Disney news and event coverage, but he's got what's happening in the community covered as well.  Lou's the ultimate source of information in our house, and his Disney History episodes are THE best out there.
Follow on Twitter @LouMongello 

BOGP

Mike Rahlmann hosts a rollicking good time with this fun roundtable of fabulous Disneyphiles. On the Be Our Guest Podcast, Mike is joined by a bevy of lovely ladies that laugh and talk about their vacation adventures in a friendly accessible manner. This is the crew that keeps me walking when I just want to sit down.
Follow on Twitter @BeOurGuestMike

So that's it!  The sounds that keep me motivated when I'm working to stay fit and feel fab whether it's on Friday or any other day.  What do you listen to when you're working out?  Do you have any tips to help get your Disney on, on the treadmill?  Leave me a message below and let me know how you "Keep Moving Forward!"

No comments:

Post a Comment